So intsead of doing a "How To" I did a "How I" because there are millions of different ways to draw eyes, and with different styles, there are different techniques.
Eye Shape: There are a million different eye shapes, so play around with them a bit. I will just be showing you a few I normally use.
1) I draw the shape of the eye lids. Those are really what define the "shape of the eye" Keep in mind that they are eye lids. It comes in handy when you are drawing the whole face.
2) I draw the iris(color) of the eye..
3) I add highlights and a crease to the eye lid. It may seem a bit early to add highlight due to the fact I'm not coloring it yet, but I put them there so I don't have to erase as much. Sometimes, the highlights will go over the pupil as you will see in the next step.
4) I draw the pupil!
5) I draw the eyelashes and add or correct other details.
Shading: Highlights are important, but so are darker shades. They make the eye look 3D.
1) I color in the pupil. I don't always make it black. Sometimes I don't even draw a pupil, but when I do, I make it the darkest color in the eye.
2) I start with the next darkest color. Usually I draw little dark lines coming from the pupil, but not always. Sometimes, all the lines will go in the same directions, but realistically the dark lines are there, or there is a dark circle around the pupil.
3) I shade in all the lighter areas. I try not to leave much completely white. Even in the highlights, if you look closely, I shaded the outsides of them a bit.
Coloring: When you color keep in mind the shading. It is very similar except with color. I follow the same steps as above.
And Remember! Be Creative!
Well I hope you guys found this helpful, or at least interesting!
Have a nice day,
Your brown eyed girl,